Thursday, February 5, 2015

Accomplishments and Resolutions

It's been a while since I have posted anything... Minus the one I just updated for my Big Dad.  Our family of 4 is doing well. Kevin grows smarter every day. This Monday his school had an award ceremony and Kevin got 3 awards. Two were for staying on Honor Roll for both grading periods and he received one from his Drama teacher for being the most improved in his class.  Jim and I are both so proud of our Kevo's accomplishments thus far.  Kevin is coming more and more out of his shell every day.  He's getting better about vocalizing his feelings and desires.  He still uses a much more advanced vocabulary than I used at his age.  For no real reason other than we wanted to, we bought Kevin a new bike, which he loves as he and I went for a bike ride today.  Kevin said "it was awesome" and that he loves spending time with me. Having two kids makes it harder to have one on one time with Kevin so when we do get time alone it's a special occasion.

James will be two in a matter of months! His vocabulary is growing more and more every day, which I love witnessing.  We play games on my phone, he loves watching Mater Tales, so all of us can pretty much rehearse it along with the show or when we're given a cue. He's also very tall and is wearing a size 3T already! He needs to stop growing...  But alas we love our little Jamesers. Even Kevin loves his little brother and loves to help out with him and getting him to laugh. His newest accomplishments have been: sleeping in his own bed, in his own room, and drinking from a sippy cup. We finally threw away all his bottles. Yay!

Jim is still up to the same ol', same ol'; working til he drops. We all appreciate it though.  Because of his hard work I don't have to work and we have all our needs met. We all love Jim and are so very grateful that he takes such good care of us.

Then there's me. I spend a lot of my time hanging out with Baby James and picking up/dropping Kevo off at school or his activities, which I love spending time with my little guys so I'm forever grateful. I only have two resolutions this year and that is to live a healthy lifestyle and to be mentally healthy as well. This past week I have noticed old symptoms resurfacing so I am back on medication. A part of me is really saddened by this, but I also know that it is for the best.

So to all those who are suffering just hang in there. It'll get better.  I still believe it.  My sons and husband are what gets me through my tough days; and with all the accomplishments of James and Kevin I know that I must be doing something right.  I am so grateful for them and for my husband as well. I hope 2015 brings us much happiness and we all accomplish our goals.  I wish that for those reading this as well. May we all strive to be healthy and happy! And to only compete with who we were yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment