Thursday, April 9, 2015

Happy Birthday, Kevin and Granny

My son has reached double digits this year! So hard to believe that he is 10! And to think that in another ten years he'll be 20! I asked him, "Who said our kids could keep growing up?"

To which Kevin replied, "Who said our parents could insist that they are fat?!" Touché, Kevin.

He continues to grow into a funny, intelligent, and kind young man. Yesterday we celebrated his birthday with Jim's family. They brought him two video games; one of which was disguised in a Whales cracker box.

Every year I ask Kevin what he wants for his birthday dinner and this year he chose to have rice casserole, a recipe I have learned from my mom. He loves it so much he ate three whole plates of it! And for dessert we had cake and ice cream. I had bought a penguin cake pan and, of course, Kevin loved it! He insisted for everything to be iced but its head.

Not only was it Kevin's birthday yesterday, but it was also my Granny's. She turned 83 years young. I love my Granny and love hearing her stories of my mom, my aunts, and uncles when they were children; as well as other stories about her childhood.

For her birthday my parents, Uncle Ricky, and Aunt Reneee took her to see my Big Daddy's grave in Bushnell; and then they hung out with my Aunt Janet and Uncle Miles at The Villages.

Two of the sweetest people I know share a birthday ❤ Even down to the minute ❤ I am so blessed to have them in my life. Kevin said his wish is to always be with us, his family ❤ Love my boy and really hope these next ten years don't fly by as quickly as these last ten years...

Happy Birthday, Granny and Kevin ❤ I love you both very much and my life would be empty without either one of you ❤

My Granny celebrating her
83rd Birthday with Big Daddy

Happy 10th Birthday, Kevo ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment