Saturday, April 9, 2016

11th Birthday Extravaganza!

I don't know what I would do without my little Kevo. He fills my world with fun, happiness, laughter, adventure, and kindness ❤ I don't remember much of my life before him. It was boring, I can tell you that. Anyway, this birthday was special. Everything worked out so that we could do something fun and unforgettable. We took Kevin to Daytona Lagoon where we did only inside activities: laser tag, arcade games, rock wall, and they also provided a room to eat pizza, cake, and open presents. He really wanted boys only to be there but two of his girl cousins came. Everything worked out though. His friends made it, everyone got along, and everyone had fun.

Group shot

Deadpool cake made by Grandma Anna ❤

The Birthday boy ❤

He got a lot of Nerf guns

Getting ready to play laser tag

Climbing the rock wall

James played games too

Kevin and Nick

Alex and Kevin

They make my heart so happy ❤

Birthday Icee

Oliver and Kevin

Amina and Kevin

Kevin and Ethan

Chase and Kevin

So if you're reading this and wondering did I let him pick out his birthday dinner like I usually do? The answer is yes. Not only did I make him dinner but we had the neighbors over. It was a lot of fun! Kevin chose lasagna for dinner because it's what we had with our neighbors when they first moved next door. Kevin said it would recreating that night. For dessert I made vanilla cupcakes and Jim brought home a chocolate ice cream cake from DQ. It was amazing!

Kevin and my Granny share a birthday so sadly my parents and family were unable to come because they were celebrating with her. However, I met with my dad beforehand so that he could give Kevin a pair of roller blades that they had bought him for his birthday! (One less thing to lug around Daytona Lagoon).

Anyway, would I recommend Daytona Lagoon for a birthday party? I would. We got a room for an hour to eat pizza and cake. Afterward we paid and the kids were given cards to use for the arcade and indoor festivities. The only downside was that they are only good for an hour, so choose your activities wisely. We let the kids call the shots and do whatever they wanted to do when they wanted to do it. The first thing they did was play arcade games (there was five dollars on each of their cards), after that they did laser tag, and then the rock wall. However, time went by so quickly they never got to do the go-carts or miniature golf. Many of the boys were bummed about that, but oh well. You live and learn. All in all I am pretty pleased with the turn out, how friendly the staff was, the atmosphere, and the fact that they all had fun... Now I get to cry about my son being another year older 😭 ... and relax for 12 days until it's James's birthday 😭 Then he'll be 3!!! My goodness time doth fleetly fly! 😫

Kevin said he loves his birthday because he always feels like a celebrity! Another added bonus was that Field Day happened to fall on his birthday too! He was so excited!

We love you, Kev! ❤ We're glad that you enjoyed your birthday!! May all your wishes come true this year and in the years that follow ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment