Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Happy Belated Father's Day

I know I'm late but I want to say Happy Father's Day to my two favorite dads! They are everything to me!

"Dadda" was my first word, my first love, and forever the yardstick I measured my future boyfriends against. See I always knew my dad's love was unconditional and I loved how he talked to my siblings and I. He treated us all like we were his favorite, he still does. He never forgets a birthday, an anniversary, and never misses a recital or a baptism. He baptized each of my siblings, including myself, he baptized all his grandchildren, except Kevin; and he has always managed to keep food on the table and a roof over our heads. He does what's needed to make his children and grandchildren safe. In a world where morals and standards are disappearing I'm grateful for Ronald Erwin Fish. He has taught me everything that I needed to know to look for in a respectable husband and I'm grateful for that as well as his unconditional love, support, talks, prayers, and late ice cream runs; and breakfast runs after my blood work at Lab Corp.

Jim, the first day I met you I was in awe at how easy it was to talk to you. Usually I'm socially awkward and I don't make friends easily because no one can follow my train of thought but our trains have always been on the same track. You have never talked down to me or made me feel anything less than perfect. After 7 years of being together you still make me feel very loved and like I'm the luckiest woman in the world. You still read my mind, we finish each others sentences, and long for the end of the day when we're all home together; when we can watch movies, play games, and just enjoy each other's company.

I love you for everything that you are and for everything that you do for our boys. I appreciate your hard work so that we can have food on our table, pay bills, and live in a nice house. I appreciate you so much and so does Kevin and James. You have always been there for them! Whether it be paying for something, taking us to Disney, making dinner, seeing Kevin through a meltdown, or surprising Kevin at his Spring Performance! I know he loves and appreciates you too! Thank you for your unconditional love and support for not only me but also my son! I know it hasn't always been easy but I want you to know that we appreciate you and we love you more than we could ever put into words. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me and I'm so grateful to be your wife! I hope you had a great Father's Day! And I hope you did too, Daddo! I love you both very much!

His Father's Day shirt

Such a daddy's boy ❤

Matching shirts ❤

My dad with his youngest
grandson
My parents when my dad retired in '94

No comments:

Post a Comment