Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Happy Birthday Dear Kevin

So seven years ago a little boy was born. His mother was full of anticipation and excitement! When he finally made his way into the world she knew he would be her greatest miracle! She knew that her love for him would be unconditional and that his love for her would also be unconditional. Life's simplest pleasures!:) I love being his mother! I would not change a thing about it! Kevin has given me and helped me so much! He is my greatest joy! I would be lost without him! I can't believe my little man is seven years old?! Wow! How time flies!

He wanted a Sonic the Hedgehog birthday as we have been watching the old cartoons together and he loves the games! My mother-in-law is amazing as she made Kevin's cake from scratch!! How blessed Jim and I are to have Kevin. He brings so much joy into our lives and we love these moments when we get to be together as a family and watch Kevin reach his milestones.
After the birthday party at the park with family and friends we went back home and had family over once again for dinner. Kevin's favorite food since he could eat solid food has always been lasagna, must be the Italian in him. So being the great mother that I am, I made him his favorite dish. Then we built Legos together and watched two of his new movies.
Then Sunday was his birthday so I got one of his cupcakes out, put a candle in it, and sang Happy Birthday to my son. I love him with all my heart! How blessed I am to be his mother! I know he knows I love him and that I would do anything for his happiness! He is my greatest joy! He is my world! I love the little man that he is! He is so kind,compassionate, smart, and he loves everyone and everything. I hope that he will always be loving and compassionate. I hope he will always remember who he is and that he is loved by all who know him.

Thank you, Lord, for blessing me with my son. I pray that he outlives me and that I will get to witness the man that he becomes. I pray that these next seven years don't fly by too quickly. I enjoy my little man and the time that we get to spend together.

At his birthday party Kevin exclaimed, "I couldn't have asked for a better mommy or a better wife." To which I held him in my arms, planted a kiss on his cheek and said, "I couldn't have asked for a better son than you. I will always be your mom. Not your wife." Kevin frowned, "I wish I was the daddy." to which I replied, "Just hope or wish you marry someone like me." he smiled once again. I love you, Kevin. Always and forever. Thank you for being MY miracle! No one will EVER take you away from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment