Sunday, March 25, 2012

Angela

This past week was someone's birthday who means a lot to me.  We may not be the best of friends or even talk on a regular basis but she is someone who I admire.  When I think of this person I think of her beautiful smile, her beautiful children, the many times she has made me laugh (and her kids too).  She is a very talented individual!  She can play the piano, was learning the organ, can play the flute, and the clarinet.  Not to mention she dances (tap, jazz, ballet, hip-hop)!  When she was a teenager she was the cheerleader captain for the high school!  Not only these things but she was a straight A student; she has a buisness degree and recently graduated with a teaching certificate.  She is now a teacher for an elementary school.

I am, of course, talking about my favorite sister; my only sister.  She is amazing at everything she sets her mind to!  She's also a good friend, sister, mother, teacher, daughter... and the list just goes on and on.  She has always been there for me and everyone/anyone who needed her;  Who wanted her shoulder to cry on or advice to get through a trial.  She also faces her trials head on and scares away her troubles with faith and laughter.  I have no doubt that when it gets too much she turns to her friends for comfort but for the most part she wears a brave face and a smile to fool those that don't know her better.



My sister is a single mother of two.  I can't imagine how stressful and chaotic that could be!  Just that alone!  But my sister works as a teacher and that in itself is another hard trial to tackle! She takes her children to dance, gymnastics, soccer, recitals, practices...  She is selfless to a fault!



If ever a woman deserved praise and to be admired, it's my sister.  She is head-strong and doesn't get depressed easily.  She doesn't let others abuse and use her either.  She knows who she is and never doubts her faith or her beliefs!  If you say something to upset her she tells you then and there to your face!  (A trait not many possess these days.)

She believes in God, she goes to church, she dresses modestly and has her children do the same.  She has morals and standards.  How blessed I am to know her and have her as my sister!  I only hope that I too can be like her as I know her daughter will be and in a way already is.

So to my sister, Angela, I love you!  I hope you know this above all else!  I know we don't always communicate well or get along but I have nothing but the utmost respect for you and I love you very much!  You are without a doubt my favorite sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment