Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

     Merry Christmas to all!  Kevin, Jim, and I watch another year come to a close.  What an exciting year it was!  I finished my classes, it was quite challenging being pregnant and all but I'm glad I did it!  I remember being pregnant with Kevin and I dropped out of school because I was so sick, however, I was determined to stick with it and my stubbornness paid off!  I have four more classes to take in the Spring and then I'll get my AA degree.  So exciting!  The only thing is is that the baby will be due about the time I finish so I just hope everything works out but "where there's a will there's a way".  I really believe in that so I have faith that everything will work out for the three, scratch that, the four of us!

     Kevin is growing like a weed!  He's around 4'5 and 64 pounds!  He likes to play video games, being outside, Pokemon, sonic, and Disney!  He's doing really well in school as he gets straight A's.  His favorite subject at the moment is Science.  He loves doing experiments in his class and even does some at home!  He is very excited about having a younger sibling!  He has been helping me decorate and go through things to prepare for our new arrival.  Better yet he reads to the baby every night so that the baby will know his voice.  I don't know how I got so blessed but I pray that I will always be worthy of my little ones!  Who knew you could love someone so much?!

     Jim is working ALL the time!  Picking up shifts to ensure that we have enough money to support an extra mouth to feed.  He is excited to meet his first born, of course!  His parents and siblings are supportive of us as well and were joyous when we told them the news!  Jim is their oldest and their youngest grandchild just turned 5 so they're eager to have a new baby in the family as well.  I have no doubt about Jim being a great father to a newborn.  I watch him play with Kevin, with our nieces, and nephews and I just know he'll be wonderful!  And I know I don't have to worry about Kevin either.  Every day when I pick up Kevin from school he hugs me and asks how my day was and then he asks about the baby as he hugs my belly.

     Christmas is all about family and friends and I am so grateful for mine!  I'm thankful for the memories that we get to create together as a family!  I'm so excited to meet our little one and watch him grow just as I have Kevin!  I know Kevin will be an amazing big brother and Jim will be an awesome dad, he is already to Kevin.  Jim and I are so much alike when it comes to parenting.  Our children are put first as we make a life for them and do everything that we can that they may have a good life.  That they remain happy, healthy, and know that they are loved.  Kevin said "I know the baby will feel like I feel.  I want Jim to stay at home with me and play but I know he has to go to work so we have money.  But the baby will want Jim to stay at home and play with him or her all day, just as I do."  Kevin understands that to have a family you have to work hard.  I'm glad that he sees this.  I pray that he will find a job that he loves just as Jim has done and I pray that he will be a hard worker like Jim.

     So again Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all from our family to yours :)


No comments:

Post a Comment