Monday, March 10, 2014

Memories of Big Daddy

     So today has been a week since my Grandpa, Big Daddy, passed away.  We had a wake service for him at Granny's... It was really nice.  A lot of family got together and we shared our favorite memories...

He wore a tuxedo to my mom's first birthday party.  She's his oldest daughter.

He taught my mother how to write her name.

He had blue eyes and passed that trait down to his kids.

He used to flash the porch lights on and off while my dad kissed my mom goodnight at the end of a date.

He used to take long naps with baby Oliver sleeping on his belly.

He and Granny took me on their trip to Illinois when I was 13.

He was at Kalib's baptism and said the opening prayer.

He let Jim and I get married in their backyard.

He always had projects that needed to be done.

He always said "Hey, Heather, how's the weather".

And he always said pc, precious cargo, and meant it.

     He is greatly missed!  I'm thankful for the time I got with him and for the memories that were made.

     His funeral is this Wednesday... I know it'll be tough.  He is having a military burial as he served our country for 22 years.

     RIP, Big Daddy.  I hope your soul is at peace.

Sidney Issac Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment