Thursday, April 3, 2014

Spring Break!

     So with my grandpa dying this year hasn't been easy.  I was expecting to have a lazy, stay at home spring break.  However, my parents try to visit our family in North Carolina once a year, at least.  They didn't want to stop the tradition because Big Daddy died.  Family has always been important to them, to us.

     James, Kevin, and I went with my parents to stay with Uncle Larry.  While we were up there we got to see my Aunt Ramona, cousin Jackie, and cousin Ally.  We loved every minute of it!  My dad went golfing with Uncle Larry almost every day we were there, my mom made hot dinners at night, and afterwards we would hang out.  A couple of nights we played games with the kids or we'd wait for them to sleep so the adults could play a game.

     We actually got James to sleep in a play pen by himself! At home he sleeps in the bed with Jim and I so it was a nice change :). Also, while we were in North Carolina James turned eleven months!

     Time always goes by so fast while you're on vacation. This trip was no different.  I'm glad that the three of us got the chance to go.  I love making memories with my boys, parents, niece, and nephew.  As well as the relatives that we visit.

     North Carolina is such a beautiful place and a nice break from Florida's landscape.  The weather is refreshing as well.  The high while we were there was the upper 50's.  Absolutely beautiful.

     Anyway, here are a few pictures from our trip.

James stretching his legs at a SC rest stop

Boys playing at the Shelby park

Alyssa and Hayley.

We got to see Ramona's horses...


James at 11 months

Kevin - 8 years

Penelope hanging out with the girls

The kids waiting for 'smores

Beautiful brother moment

Hayley and James on the back porch

Playing at the Eastridge Mall. They also played miniature golf on the 3rd floor.

Feeding baby James
(We tied him in the chair)

We met my cousin Ally and Greg at Cracker Barrel for lunch.

Kevin ate shrimp.

Hayley had Mac N Cheese

Kalib had pancakes

James didn't like their Mac N Cheese

1 comment:

  1. All this happened when I was at home working lol. I'm glad you all had fun

    ReplyDelete