Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Happy 30th Birthday, Hubby :)

So this blog is dedicated to my hard working, intelligent, self-sacrificing hubby <3 He has done so much for us and continues to do so on a daily basis that I feel like I don't tell him enough just how much I appreciate him and love him. He is without a doubt my best friend!

But who is James Adam Panko? First of all, he is the oldest of 3 children, born on June 25, 1983 in Fayetteville, NC. He moved to Florida with his parents when he was 3 months old and has lived here ever since. We met when he was 15 years old at a drill meet for ROTC in Daytona Beach. I'm usually very shy but we talked all night. When it was time to leave I was hesitant because I had such a great time talking to Jim. From then on he was my best friend. My buddy. The one guy I was too afraid to date because "what if it didn't work out and I lost my best friend?"

After high school we tried dating but neither of us was mature enough to make it work. I never blamed him though. But he became 'the one that got away'. I thought of him often and hoped he had found happiness.

When we met up again some years later we were both going through a divorce and seeking friendship. As fate would have it we found much more in each other.

So if I were to sum Jim up I would tell you that he's the kind of guy who puts his family and friends' needs above his own. He's also Mr. Fixit. There's not a project out there that he hasn't done or at least attempted. He can't sit still! If he won the lottery tomorrow he'd still be working at his job or one like it just because he feels he has to be doing something and would go out of his mind sitting at home doing nothing. He can play video games for a couple hours but then he gets bored and works on Star Trek models, his work van, or works around the house. He's very artistic. He's a trekkie, loves Dr. Who, and Halo. His best friends are me and my cousin, Julius. He just celebrated his first Father's Day with our newest member: baby James. He is an amazing step-dad to my son, Kevin. He has such great patience and understanding with him. He recently completed classes and got certificates so that he could be in scouts with Kevin as well; and not too long ago he helped Kevin achieve his first badge, the bobcat. My hubby loves to help when and where he can. He fixed my mom's flat tire in her driveway shortly after noticing it and is often called upon by my family members, as well as his own family, concerning their vehicles. He is without a doubt the sweetest man I know, besides my dad. He has always been there for me... Through the divorce, concerning Kevin, when I was pregnant, when I flipped the SUV on I-4, offered friendship in the hospital after having my first seizure when I was 15, and supports my decision to go back to college... He's amazing. I am very lucky and blessed to have him in my life. He may not be perfect but he is perfect for me :)

I apologized to Kevin not too long ago about his dad and I getting divorced and Kevin's reply brought tears to my eyes. He said "It's ok, mom. I'm glad things worked out this way because now we have Jimbob in our lives".  I feel the same way, of course. I love you, Jim. I can't imagine my life without you. You have filled the void in my heart and I will forever be grateful. I just wanted you to know.

Happy Birthday, old man ;) Welcome to the big 3-0!!!! I know I'm not too far behind you but I hope we'll see many birthdays together and many anniversaries:) When we look back 30 will just be a number, a stepping stone. And I want you to know that I love you and the boys love you:) You are a great inspiration to the both of them and me :)

Ich liebe dich!  I hope you enjoy your day, hubby <3


No comments:

Post a Comment