Saturday, June 15, 2013

Happy Father's Day!

In this blog I am going to talk about my two favorite dad's, my dad and my hubby.  Last year I posted this for my dad on Facebook "Things I have learned about dads from my number one dad: all their children are their favorite, a dads love is unconditional whether he agrees with his child's choices or not, a dad will spend numerous hours away from home working so that he can provide a better life for his family, a dad will take time from his day to spend it with his family, whether it be fishing, camping, or an ice cream run, ...dads have a keen sense and pick up when a child is hurt and somehow knows the right thing to say to help lessen the burden, a dads prayer is always effective in making a child's worries go away, dads will watch their children make a mistake because he knows how important it is that the child learn how to get back up but a dad is also ready to help pick up the pieces, lastly I have learned that a dad stands by his wife and supports her decisions. A dad doesn't leave his wife and children when things get chaotic or when a younger hotter model tries to step in. A dad knows that his wife is the genuine article, the one and only and no one can replace the mother of his children. They/we are all special to him. I love you dad. I may not say it enough or show it enough, especially when I was younger, but I love you Daddo. You have taught me a great many things. Thank you. I am so blessed and privileged to be your daughter. Happy Father's Day!"

As you can see I love my dad immensely and have learned a great deal about dad's through him.  My mom asked me before what my ideal husband would be and I told her "a mix of Jim Carrey and my dad".  That's exactly what I have found in my hubby.  He respects me, he loves my son, he works hard for my son and I, he loves us unconditionally, he's there for us, and as God would have it, this year we welcomed our own little Panko into the world.  There's not enough words or time in the day to say just how much I love my hubby.  He is without a doubt my best friend.  I am so glad I have him in my life and so glad that we are sharing our lives together.  He supports me, our children, and our dreams.  He tells me I'm beautiful and he still kisses me goodnight and wakes me up with a kiss good morning.  We still slow dance in the kitchen, read each other's thoughts, and can finish each other's sentences. Before him I thought soul mates were fiction and were just kitchen utensils...  Now I know they're real for I have found mine in him.  Each day that passes I only love him more. Seriously, who would have thought that possible?

I remember being a little girl who wanted to marry her daddy because he was handsome, strong, brave, he loved his family,  took care of his family, spent time with his family, and was always there for me.  Now that I'm older I realize that I married someone like my daddy.  He's patient, kind, honest, and faithful, Daddo.  Just like you.  And who would've thought a good work ethic would be important? ;)  lol  I love you, dad.  Thank you, for being you and for being a great example to your children; and a great man of God.

Jim, again I'm so grateful to have you in my life.  I appreciate your kindness, your understanding, your unconditional love, and your unique sense of humor that makes you Jim.  I love you for your quirkiness, uniqueness, geekiness, nerdiness, but most of all for being my sanity and loving my son as your own.  Not many men would be willing to do that or handle "my baggage" but when I start being pessimistic that's when you say "We'll get through it" and I always believe you...  And we always do get through it.  You are an amazing example to our boys!  I couldn't have found a better husband than you to spend the rest of my life with!  I love you for now, for always, forever!  Thanks for being you.  I pray that we have many years, anniversaries, and holidays in our future together!  I love you!  Thanks for being my best friend, the father of our children, and future children.  Most of all thanks for being you!  I love you! Kevin loves you! and James loves you!

I love you both very much!  Happy Father's Day!

My parents going on a jerky ride with their grandkids;
(if that doesn't say love I don't know what does)

My dad blessed Baby James
 
Jim helps take care of our baby...
 
Spends time with Kevo...
(and volunteered to be the Scout Master)
 
Takes naps with our baby...
 
And when I'm too tired he finds a way to include me
 
The men in my life are truly amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment