Wednesday, January 25, 2012

2012's Resolutions


So this is my goal for this year: to better myself by finally letting go of my past, and to forgive others who have trespassed me in the past.  This year I just want to be happy.  I know a lot of it is my fault for dwelling on the past...  Wishing I could change things that have happened; more so wishing that old conflicts were resolved....  But it's time to stop the wishful thinking and to embrace the past.  I know that I have had a lot of bad things happen to me but I need to stop letting my past consume me.

So far this year has been decent...  We're in the first month so I can't trash it too much.  So far my hubby and my son are doing wonderfully.  Kevin remains growing like a weed, Jim is flourishing in the company that he works for.  He has his two year review next week and they have already promised him a raise *fingers crossed that it's at least $2 more than what he makes now*.  And now my cousin Masayori has recently moved in with us.  At first my parents weren't sure that it would work out, but Masayori has been one of my best friends since I can remember.  I don't see him very much because we have conflicting work schedules but so far he brings joy to our household.

Kevin is recently involved in dance and gymnastics; once spring rolls around Kevin might be enrolled in soccer again.  I say might because it will depend on our money situation.  Right now Kevin's dance class is getting ready to perform for a dance recital June 23rd.  He loves his activities and excels in both of them!  He's my talented little dude!

So back to me...  I dyed my hair red and black, my two favorite colors.  I have decided that it's time for a change and I love the way it turned out.  Dying it these two colors have always been a dream of mine so this year I did it.  Then I found my other resolution to accomplish all that I want to before I'm 30!  And then my last new years resolution is to attend church every Sunday.  So far our little family has done just that. 

I mean what I say and I say what I mean.  I want Kevin to have what I had growing up and possibly more.  I want him to be raised in the church just as I have.  I made good friends in the church and while other teenagers partied and drank I did not engage in those activities.  Today's youth seem so misguided and I don't want that for Kevin.  I want him to know of Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, the plan of salvation, and I want him to have a testimony.  I want him to be baptized when he is 8 years old and attend Seminary when he's in high school just like I have done.

So welcome the new year with a smile.  Make most of this year.  Let go of the past, forgive the haters, and attend church every Sunday: these are my goals.  I pray for patience and tolerance, Dear Lord as I conquer all my fears.

No comments:

Post a Comment