Monday, January 30, 2012

Going Through Some Changes

I am really in need of a change.  I love my hubby to death and find that I really admire him.  Last week I met him for lunch at his job site.  Afterward he showed me what he does on a day to day basis: disconnecting fire alarms and things so that none of them goes off as he checks to make sure that everything is working properly.  He has several tools around his waist that all help him with his job and maintaining what he has to do.  I gotta say I cannot express the pride that I felt as I watched him work and the expression that was on his face while he worked.  I know that he loves his job; the expression on his face while he worked really made that more evident.  I know that his job sometimes stresses him out but he does LOVE what he does!  And how awesome is that?!

I really wish that I could find a job that I was really into as well; heart and soul.  I've been pondering about it a lot lately.  The job that I have now is part time so it would be perfect for me to go back to school right now...  There's just one problem...  I don't know what I want to study.  I must say that Massage Therapy is pretty amazing.  I love the patients that I see and get to work on but still I long for something that I would love...  I want it to coexist with what I do now.  So I'm thinking just maybe going back to school for Occupational Therapy or to be an Athletic Trainer...  I think I would love either one...  I'm gonna have to check out the class schedule and when I can start...

I also found another tattoo that I would love to have...  I know a lot of people don't like them but they mean something to me.  The one that I found is an African symbol called sankofa.  Sankofa is an Akan word that means san - to return; ko - to go; fa - to look, to seek and take.  It symbolizes a person taking from the past what is good and bringing it into the present in order to make a positive impact for the future, which is something that I believe strongly about.



I know that I have made a lot of mistakes in my past and that a lot has happened to me, but I always believed it to be for a reason.  Even if the reason is that it turned me into who I am today.  I should be grateful for the many hard trials placed before me because it just toughened me up for my future.  I'm not proud that I went through a divorce but it made me more grateful for the husband I have now.  It really makes me appreciate him and the hard work that he does for my son and I.

I know there's still a lot of struggles for me in the future as I try and conquer all my fears, but at least I know my goals and knowing is half the battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment