Monday, January 16, 2012

My Creative Outlet

I am trying this out as I love to write.  Maybe this can be my creative outlet.

I am a Massage Therapist for the moment until I figure out what I want to go back to school for.  I hear a lot of input from my patients and I listen to all of them, however, for those that do not know me my son comes first.  Spending time with him is the highlight of my day so that pretty much rules out anything that is going to be time consuming.

Also I love my career but if I decide to do something else in the health field I don't think I will wander too far from Massage Therapy.  I love what I do.  It's really useful and I love helping people and seeing the immediate benefit of massage.  However, I must admit that I have another passion.  Animals.  Animals have always been one of my biggest passions since I was in Elementary School.  I was one of the nerds checking out every book on animals that I could find.  I would then take them home and start my very own binder.  Documenting pictures, the animal's habitats, what they ate, who their predators were, and what made them different amongst the other animals of its kind.

My other passion I would discover years later.  When I was a child I never dreamed of becoming a mother.  Whenever my friends and I would play house I was always one of the children.  However, the older I got and the more mature I got I realized that I indeed wanted to be a mother.  I think I was 17 years old when I realized this dream.  I became an aunt that year to my niece and she was the most gorgeous thing I had ever seen.  I would come home from high school and babysit her for my sister until she or her husband got home.  I remember sometimes I would have the most hectic/awful day at high school but all that would disappear when I would walk into my sister's house and hold my niece in my arms.

As God would have it I welcomed my miracle into the world when I was 20 years old.  He is the most amazing, wonderful thing in my life.  I would truly be lost without him.  Watching him grow, witnessing him learning and hearing/seeing his first prayer, his first word, his first everything has been amazing...  And with that I found my other passion.  Children.  I love children.  I think if I were to go back to school it would be to be a pediatrician or maybe a counselor for young children.  However, if I go for animals I would study about zoology, veterinarian, or maybe even being a foster parent for wild animals...  But at the same time I wonder about being a foster parent for children....  Maybe being a writer...  The skies the limit, right?  So this is my goal this year...  To find my calling in the world.  With God's aid I know I can find it.  Let's pray that I'm listening for His voice, however.  I know that He will point me in the direction I need to go.  I just need to hold to my faith.

No comments: