Thursday, March 8, 2012

The end of a rough week

This week started off rough... Won't lie.  My hubby and I went to a friend's house for a baby shower.  Everything seemed like a normal day.  When we got home I found our family cat of 2 1/2 years dead in our driveway.  Needless to say I was upset.  I yelled her name and ran inside.  I told my hubby who inspected her then came back to calm his wife.  He suspects that a snake got her... or maybe she was playing with a poisonous snake...  Whatever the reason I still miss her.  I haven't cried over a pet like that since I was 10 and our family dog got hit by a car...  She will be missed.

My cousin and husband talked me into looking for another cat.  Kevin was really upset when his betta fish died so we decided that a new cat might help soften the blow.  I looked on craigslist and sure enough I found a cat that a lady wanted to get rid of.  She had the cat for a while but she was allergic to him.  His shots are up to date and he is already neutered.  We met with the lady the next day and took him home.  He is an amazing cat with a wonderful loving personality.  Just what this family needed.

We are having our share of trials but my hubby still remains grounded.  He holds me close and whispers "We're going to get through it.  As a family we will get through it."  He truly is amazing.

Kevin remains level headed as well.  He misses our old cat.  He asked to see where she was buried and asked if I took pictures...  Of course, I did not.  I showed him where she was buried and we try to make it a point to go out there once a day.  We include her in our prayers as well.

As always tomorrow holds promise for better days.  Hopefully soon we'll hear good news.  God knows we need it.  As Jim says though "Together we will get through it.  Hell or high water.  We'll get through it."

No comments:

Post a Comment