Friday, April 18, 2014

Kevin's Birthday

     My little man is now nine years old!  We've had our share of ups and downs but I wouldn't trade being his mom for anything!  He has taught me so much in his nine years :)

     I always heard that at eight years of age that boys stop being cuddly with their mothers.  However, Kevin still gives me "sneak" hugs and loves to snuggle as we watch a movie together.

     Last year Kevin became a big brother and I was afraid how he would react to a younger sibling when he was the only child for eight years.  He accepted this challenge with grace. He loves helping out, playing with James, holding James, and loves how much James loves him. Kevin only has to smile at his little brother to make him erupt with laughter.

     With Kevin getting older and being the kind person he is, we decided to do something nice for Kevin.  We had his 9th Birthday party at Family Fun Town in Orange City.  The staff provided everything. The only thing we needed to bring was his cake; which, of course, Grandma Anna made.

     Kevin and his cousins all got cards with $8 on them to play the arcade games.  They got to ride in the go-carts and play miniature golf.  The only downside was that Kevin, as well as some of his cousins, were unable to drive the go-carts because you had to be ten or older. However, despite that, Kevin had a great Birthday party and enjoyed himself.

     I love my boy and am so proud of who he is. He gives me strength when I feel mine deteriorating. He is the smile that I wear and the happiness I feel on my good days. And when I'm upset he is the arms around me and the good advice whispered in my ear. He has such wisdom and compassion that goes beyond his nine years. I am so proud to be his mother. With all that I've done wrong I must've done something right to be blessed with Kevin as my little guy <3

Waiting for our guests

Birthday boy

Ethan - 6 years

Amina - 10 years

Hayley - 7 years

Boys racing

Kalib won the stuffed animal

My boys racing each other

Alani and James

Kevin's Birthday cake


"Happy birthday to you!"




     Kevin's Birthday party was a huge success!  Everyone had a great time and had plenty to eat :)  Thank you to the family members who came out to celebrate with us. Happy birthday, Kevin. We all love you and are blessed to have you in our lives <3

No comments:

Post a Comment