Thursday, July 28, 2016

Day 10 - My Mom

Today is my mom's birthday so it only seems fitting to talk about her. I am very grateful for my mom, every day.

Hearing about my mom growing up makes me think of my sister, Angela. They were both intelligent and did well in high school. They both did sports (my mom was on the swim team and Angela was a cheerleader). My mom always knew who she wanted to be, a mother. She stayed away from drugs for this reason and never let others sway her decision. She still doesn't.

She met my dad through mutual friends. My mom and dad had both broken up with someone and their friends said "hey, we know the  perfect person for you". My mom said she had just finished doing dishes and felt gross when her friends came in with a really cute guy, my dad. However, it wasn't happily ever after. My mom was 17 and my dad was 21. Their age was just a number to them, but my mom's parents were not thrilled about it so they broke up. My dad was sent to an Air Force Base in Alaska soon after but he and my mom stayed in touch via letters.

When my dad was back in California my mom was engaged to someone else, a Mormon missionary. However, upon seeing my dad my mom proposed to my dad and the rest is history 😉

They have been married for 41 years, they have 4 kids, and 6 grandkids. I'm so thankful my mom chose my dad instead of the other guy. I'm thankful to her for being loud spoken and opinionated. My mom is a leader and I love that about her! She doesn't let other people bring her down or ruin her day. She's strong, she's confident, and is always there when we need her.

I'm very grateful for my mom! I know she will always be there for me if I ever need her. I love her stories, her unconditional love for my siblings and I, as well as her grandchildren, and I love that she loves to help other people.

Thank you, mom for being you ❤ We all love and appreciate you so much! Happy Birthday! I hope you truly enjoyed your day ❤🎂

No comments:

Post a Comment