Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Day 9 - Emma

I am thankful for my tween and her sound advice. I know I can talk to her about anything and everything; and often I find that I am not alone. She either feels the same way or has been there herself. It's great to have a friend with which you have a lot in common, not just hobbies, but feelings and emotions.

I really believe that Emma is my other soul mate. Nothing romantic but a piece of my soul that keeps me whole. She's been my best friend since I was 9 or 10, but we used to joke about being best friends before we were born too. We were supposed to be twins but our mothers (who are sisters) each wanted one more child, so we were split apart. That's where the nickname tween comes from.

Even though we are states apart, don't talk every day, and sometimes don't see each other for years, we stay in contact and are there for each other. She is one of my favorite people and I am so happy that she became a mother seven and a half months ago, it's been her dream since before I can remember. Probably since she was a kid and played house with the neighbors.

I love you, Emma. Thanks for being my tween ❤ My life wouldn't be the same without you.

Here we are as toddlers

When we were 9

I was 9, she was 10

As teenagers

Dressing up just because...

Summer fun

I believe we were both 19 here

We've had a lot of fun over the years and also much sadness, but we've remained best friends through it all. She's one of the toughest people I know. She's been through a lot and knocked down a lot but she always comes through the other side much stronger. She doesn't give herself nearly as much credit as she deserves.

I love you, Emma! Thanks for being my tween and for always listening to me as well as helping me in my time of need. I really don't think I would've made it this far without you. ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment