Sunday, July 24, 2016

Day 7 - Julius

I am dedicating this blog for one of my favorite people. Julius. He lived with Jim and I for a short while before moving to Oklahoma. He has always been one of my best friends. He's really more like a brother to me.

Growing up he lived in Orlando with his mom and when I was able to drive I'd drive out there and pick him up. I'd always say "I'm kidnapping you" before I went to get him. Many times he just hung out at my parent's house while I was working, or we'd see a movie, or sometimes we'd go to Disney with friends or family.

After my first divorce he was really concerned that I was moving too fast with Jim, but once they met it was really love at first sight for them as well 😜 They instantly became best friends and Jim was the one who'd drive to Orlando to pick him up. Jim suggested that he look for jobs near us and he could live with us; and as luck would have it he got a job at the Olive Garden in Orange City.

We all loved him living here! Whenever Jim didn't have to work the next day they'd stay up playing Halo online. Kevin and Julius clicked because Julius is funny and loves animΓ©! (And not to mention Taco Bell, which was Kevin's favorite restaurant at the time).

However, Julius only wanted to live with us for a short amount of time. He set up goals, called apartments, and eventually came up with November to be moved out and on his own. Jim and I miss him, of course, as he was the comic relief in the house and at times was the mediator between Jim and I; however, we are grateful that we were able to help him out in his time if need.

Now Julius is living back in Florida and we were glad that he got to spend Jim's birthday with us, even if I do suck at video games. 😜 Oh, well. We'll be seeing him soon as we're all going to a concert together in a few weeks! Eek! So excited!

So this day I'm grateful for Julius! One of my favorite people who can always make me smile and who can always bring me back to the reality of things. I love you, Jules ❤ Happy 30th Birthday!! ❤

The only picture I have of you where you're smiling!

No comments:

Post a Comment