Sunday, July 31, 2016

Day 13 - Books

I'm so grateful for books! Of all kinds. I love to read! I love to write! I am so thankful for books!

In my younger years I liked to read Goosebumps by R.L. Stine. I owned a lot of them and my favorite one was The Ghost Next Door. I did read other books for school and found my first true favorite book: The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton.

Outside of school I started reading Stephen King, who became my favorite author. My favorite book by him is Lisey's Story. It's dark like all his other books but it's also a very sweet love story.

At the end of high school and the beginning of college I started reading the Harry Potter series. It still is one of my favorite series! The other is The Hunger Games and the Divergent series. I love them all!

Not too long ago I started reading Jodi Picoult books and now she's one of my favorite authors as well. All her stories are amazing and her characters are relatable, so when the book ends it's sad and you're left wanting more.

I love books! Often times the book is better than the movie so I always prefer to read the book first than to see the movie first.

As you can tell, I do a lot of writing too, but lately it has only been in my journal; aside from this blog. I used to write a lot in high school and in my early years of college. Mostly short stories and poems.

Books of all sizes and shapes, I love them all! They're good for the imagination, when you're stressed, and to learn new things, just to name a few. It's definitely one of my few favorite hobbies ☺ and yes, I'm a nerd and have the newest Harry Potter book: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child.

No comments:

Post a Comment