Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Day 28 & 29 - Music and Good Neighbors

I'm grateful for music: good, bad, and in between. I listen to everything, from bands that no one has ever heard of to country, rap, hip hop, pop, punk, alternative, and ska. I draw the line at techno and scremo.

My first concert was in 1995 or 1996 with my mom. We went to see Tim McGraw and Faith Hill. Tim McGraw has always been one of my favorite country singers. My favorite song that he sings is "Don't Take the Girl". My mom and I still sing it on road trips and sometimes my hubby and I sing it together as well.

I love songs because it's basically poetry, which I have always loved. I have a great memory and can usually memorize the words pretty quickly. Songs cheer you up when you're sad, can describe how you're feeling when you're having difficulty explaining them, and are fun to dance to. They can also make a long drive seem shorter and I love singing lullabies to my boys.

I'm so grateful for our new neighbors. We've had two families live in this house before but we never connected with either. Our new neighbors come over to play cards, we go over to each others house for food, help each other out in whatever way we can, and all of us get along. I love it! It's like living in Japan when our best friends lived across the street. Just makes every day more delightful ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment